Subscribe to this site and get all the free worksheets, and many more, as pdfs and online gapfill exercises, as well as the two books, The Latin Heart of English Volume 1 and The Liondale English Language Series Volume 1 (pdf downloads), for only £10! Click here: Subscribe to site
Animal Verbs 1
Grammar - information and contents
This exercise practises verbs which come from nouns denoting animals. Read the sentences and put the correct verbs in the gaps. Make sure you put them in the correct forms.
ape, badger, dog, fox, hound, horse, monkey, rat, squirrel, wolf
1. His inability to control his drinking ____________________ him all his life and he eventually died from alcoholism.
2. After the president had died the new government found that he ____________________ away millions of dollars of public money in foreign bank accounts.
3. The children were so keen to get out and play that they ____________________ down their dinner in five minutes.
4. Who ____________________ around with my computer? The settings have all been changed.
5. When the local residents found out that there was an ex-convict living in the same block, they got together and ____________________ him out of the area.
6. One of the bank robbers went to the police and offered to ____________________ on his fellow criminals in return for immunity from prosecution.
7. The police were completely ____________________ by the robbers. There were so signs of a break-in, but all the money had been stolen.
8. The children ____________________ around in the house so much that they managed to knock the television over and break it.
9. Jim ____________________ his father to buy him a new bike so much that after a few days, his father gave in and bought him one.
10. When the comedian started to ____________________ the Prime Minister's voice and mannerisms, the audience laughed out loud.
© Marc Loewenthal, eflworksheets.com, 2000-2012